H4 120 SMD LED White Headlight Bulb Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I bought some H4 led bulb on Ebay today..

Brand new & high quality
    120 SMD LED light
    Long lasting, super bright, low heat
    Easy to assemble, no wires needed
    Low power consumption, long service life
    Suitable for car headlight H4 socket

Type: H4
    Voltage: 12V
    Color: white
    LED qty: 120
    Luminous flux: 450LM
    Color temperature: 4800K
    Lighting angle: 360 degrees
    Lifespan: 50, 000 hours Package included
    2 X H4 Headlight

2 Car H4 120 SMD LED Head Light Headlight Bulb Lamp 12V

Can these fit and work on my GSX1100 or is this not recomendable?

Regards Espen

led h4 bulbs are not yet bright enough to replace your headlight although they do make great daytime lights.

Comment

Geez, I'm half tempted to order a set of those just to steal all the SMDs off of them.

On topic: I wouldn't get those. While they may be bright enough, they don't produce a dense enough light beam to illuminate much during the day time.

Since it seems that you have an H4 bucket for your headlight, I'd recommend this:

Comment

Tnx for the advice, i willl not use the led headlight on my GSX.
        Today i bought this:

H4 White HID 6000K Xenon Bulb Headlight Lamp 60/55W

Can i use this as direct bulb replacement without risk for the electronic / charging system or do i need some kind of protection device?

Comment

If your bike takes a standard H4 bulb, then those will work just fine. I wouldn't run them, personally, but it's a quality issue; not safety. I don't like buying anything that ships from china on eBay, but being in Norway I also don't know how readily available parts are for you either.

So long as your wiring and fuse block are in order, you should be just fine.

Comment

If they have a lower power draw you will likely increase the strain on your charging system - the stator & RR rely on a calculated draw from the headlight et al... Unless you've upgraded to a series type RR that is.

Maybe you have something else going on that is going to draw the left over Watts like heat or extra lights though??
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Tnx for the info, i will just test the Xenon to check if this works better then the normal bulb i have. I was first thinking about using the led to save some wattage, but as i now understand my system might not like this. Also there was only High beam available for this led with 120smd. Espen

Comment

Originally posted by GS110X506158 View Post
                Tnx for the info, i will just test the Xenon to check if this works better then the normal bulb i have. I was first thinking about using the led to save some wattage, but as i now understand my system might not like this. Also there was only High beam available for this led with 120smd. Espen
                The one you gave a link to is not an HID bulb.
                It is a regular bulb with a blue coating on the glass.
                It will look kind of blue, but will provide less light, (work less well than) a regular H4 bulb.

Actual HID has to have a ballast, and will require some rewiring (the kits will come with what is needed)
                It will be around 40-70 dollars.

Real HID is 3-4 times as bright as a normal stock H4 bulb.
                It runs at about 1-2 amps less current than the stock blub (thats pretty much an insignificant difference to the charging system)

It is illegal for on-road use everywhere in the USA (unless in a headlight housing designed specifically for HID), but if you get 4300k or 5000k colors you probably will not be hassled for it (the fake HID bulb you got IS legal though, so you don't have to worry about that)

If you want to read more about HID I wrote extensively about it here.

Comment

Working...
                X