Blinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinkers

got 1980 GS850G I noticed today when blinkers are flashing right or left the head light and tail light also blink dimmly but blink blinkers stay normal brightness at idle and higher RPM's bulbs and grounds good (grounds each blinker) any ideas?

Originally posted by 4jsdh View Post
    got 1980 GS850G I noticed today when blinkers are flashing right or left the head light and tail light also blink dimmly but blink blinkers stay normal brightness at idle and higher RPM's bulbs and grounds good (grounds each blinker) any ideas?
    Sounds like you need to do those charging tests, cuz it seems your voltage is unstable as the flasher does it thing. Best not to blame R/R just yet- do the tests and pinpoint the problem. I assume you have stock bulbs for turn signals.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Hi,

I'd start by cleaning every connection on the entire wiring harness, and I mean EVERY connection. This includes all of the connections in the headlight bucket, the charging system, the fuse box, the grounds, the battery terminals, the ignition switch, the blinker stalks, everything. It sounds like there is some corrosion somewhere causing some extra resistance. This is what makes your headlight go dim when the blinkers are working.

Did you do away with that useless loop of wire from the stator up to the handlebars? You should connect the three stator wires directly to the input of the r/r unit. Also, run the ground wire from your r/r unit directly to the negative terminal of the battery.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X