Fixed Stator, now Regulator Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Stator, now Regulator Problem

Back again.......and I thank you Cliff, Tom203 and Mith for the replies, the info I received was perfect and easy to follow for a newbe. I found a mint stator off eBay for $40 from a 1982 gs 650...........SWEET! But now we retested everything and determined that the regulator is going bad.....so I thought I would come back here and see if there is a compatibility page for a Rectifier/Regulator, and there is, the only problem is there are none for a GS 650............every other size engine is there but not a 650, so here I am asking the experts again for help. I have a 1981 GS 650 GL and would like to know if I need to buy one for my exact bike or are there others that will work with this also......... I AM SO HAPPY YOU ALL ARE HERE : )

Hi,

From my little website:

CLICK HERE for a list of compatible stators and FET regulator/rectifiers.

See the list at the bottom of the page if you'd like to pick up the proper "upgraded" r/r unit like the ones duaneage used to sell.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Welcome to GSR.

A few things about GS650s:
      - they were only for a few years, and dont think there was much of any design changes in those years.
      - alot about the 650s were unique to the 650s.
      - engine and such the same between the G and L (the differences were in the body work and frame).

(I had 82 650G for 20+ years)

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Quick, head to member duaneage to see if he has any honda style R/R's left! The 650 used a basic R/R -lots of R/R's would work but the honda style (shindengen brand) has proven to be very reliable. Currently used on atv, jet skis, snowmobiles,etc.. They come up all the time on ebay if duaneage is sold out.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I appreciate all the help and Tom203?, I wrote Duaneage, now I just have to wait for a reply...........Thank you everyone, have a great holiday and Thank you to all the veterans for serving, it's greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X