Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC8 Eastern Beaver fuse box

Hello,

I bought this 'PC8' fuse box from Eastern Beaver as a replacement for my stock fuse box. As I added some devices (volt meter, trickle charger, ignition coil relay mod,...) and did NOT do that in an orderly way, I hope this new
    fuse box will bring back some piece of mind...

The part has not arrived yet, so that gives me some time to think how I need to figure out the 'old' setup and convert it into the new one...

1) Can someone please check the drawing I attached and give some feedback ?
    2) What is the best/easiest way to really make sure how the 'old' wiring is done regarding the stock fuse block ? I have a 1982 GS1100 GL, the fuse block is 'powered' by a 7-connector block that you have to shove in the fuse box from below...

...there is a recent thread on this fuse block, sorry that I only discovered that AFTER this thread was created...
    Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2011, 06:33 AM.

you neeed to show where the R/R is. There should be a fuse between the Battery (+) and the R/R (+). There should also be a T off from that point to the ignition switch. It would also be helpful to see how you are going to install that relay.
    Last edited by posplayr; 06-03-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Posplayr - What size fuse do you recommend from the regulator to the battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Mith View Post
        Posplayr - What size fuse do you recommend from the regulator to the battery?
        If you keep the wiring as stock (with a "T"), most all are 15amp. However if you wire the R/R directly to the battery (+) and then to the harness experience is that it needs to be 20 amps.

Comment

Working...
        X