Delkevic Headlight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delkevic Headlight.

I was browsing ebay for any sort of headlight I could find for the GS, and stumbled across this...

Delkevic has a pretty good reputation, and I've never heard anything bad about their products. Looks like I may have found my new headlight.

Looks good, but check to see if you can get one with a clear bulb, so you can SEE good, too.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Looks good, but check to see if you can get one with a clear bulb, so you can SEE good, too.

No way bro, super cool blue H4 bulbs ricer ricer fast and furious...

Gonna put a silverstar or similar in when I get to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by cal_look_zero View Post
        No way bro, ...
        Oh, well. I just hope your younger eyes can handle seeing in the dark.

Although they might look "cool" and are advertised as "closer to daylight", they reduce the effectiveness of the light to the point where they can actually become dangerous.

One point to ponder: if "daylight" is so perfect, why do "Blue-Blocker" sunglasses help you see so much better?
        You put those bulbs in, you are filtering out everything but the blue, which is what causes problems in the eye. OK, it's actually the ultra-violet that scatters in the fluid inside the eyeball, but BLUE does its share of scattering, too. All that light scattering inside the eyeball just overloads the retina, reducing your ability to see.

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Oh, well. I just hope your younger eyes can handle seeing in the dark.

Although they might look "cool" and are advertised as "closer to daylight", they reduce the effectiveness of the light to the point where they can actually become dangerous.

One point to ponder: if "daylight" is so perfect, why do "Blue-Blocker" sunglasses help you see so much better?
          You put those bulbs in, you are filtering out everything but the blue, which is what causes problems in the eye. OK, it's actually the ultra-violet that scatters in the fluid inside the eyeball, but BLUE does its share of scattering, too. All that light scattering inside the eyeball just overloads the retina, reducing your ability to see.

I was being sarcastic... I friggin hate blue bulbs. The 8000k HIDs in my CBR are almost blue and they bug me.

Comment

You have to be careful with the Silverstars, too. The American ones have a slight blue tint. Look on eBay for European Osram Silverstars. They are clear, as any tint is illegal in Europe.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
            X