Original horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original horn

Hello fellow GS owners. Not sure this thread should be here or in apperance, but here goes. Pictured is one of my original horns from my '80 GS750E. I have not seen anything like them, even in my original parts fiche. Horns no longer work, would like to replace with orignal or something that looks simular. Any ideas?

I do not think this horn came with the bike.Aftermarket.

1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

Maybe, but there is a pair, left and right. And were mounted perfectly under the tank, but visible.
      Original wiring harnes supplied connection to both sides.
      PS. This bike was stored for 30 years before I got it. If not original, added in the 80's. Maybe it was an "original" modification.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karllmt View Post
        Maybe, but there is a pair, left and right. And were mounted perfectly under the tank, but visible.
        Original wiring harnes supplied connection to both sides.
        PS. This bike was stored for 30 years before I got it. If not original, added in the 80's. Maybe it was an "original" modification.
        They look good- have you bypassed the wiring and are sure the horns themselves are no good? Seems unlikely that both would fail.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes, I bought some cheap horns for now, and they work, but don't really fit in the same space, which is why I thought these were "original." It's hard to see in the photo, but they are snail shaped with a chrome cover on top, and a chrome grill covering the horn opening. All plastic of course. I like the way they look, and they look like they belong on the bike.

Comment

aftermarket set...no doubt..original horns are just the flat pancake style.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Sorry, dude, but if you are stuck on chrome horns you'll just have to Google for it. If not, Fiamm makes some very nice (loud, too, used mine twice today) horn pairs. I have the freeway blaster pair, and they are nice.

Comment

Thanks for straighting me out. Must be aftermarket (from the 80's). After looking at Fiamms on E-bay and Amazon, mine might be old Fiamms. They were pretty loud when they worked. I'm probably going to by the freeway blasters. The chrome grills from my old ones may fit on the new ones with a little silicone sealer. Again, thanks everyone, for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X