Battery wire trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery wire trouble

hey guys bit of a noob question, but does anyone know where the black/yellow wire near the solenoid and ignition panel hooks onto on an 83 gs400e?

Download the workshop manual here and find out the info you need care of basscliff....

Comment

I've already done that, i have both the haynes and climer manuals. if someone who knows could just throw me a quick answer i'd appreciate it!

Comment

B/Y is 1-4 Right hand ignitor wire (IIRC) Catch
        Last edited by posplayr; 06-06-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

but where does the eyelet bolt on to?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverWolf View Post
            but where does the eyelet bolt on to?
            you need to look at the schematic. I'm just guessing from all the stock color codes. On a 4 cylinder B/Y is the right coil.

If you have a ring lug, you sure it is not Black/White? That would be a ground and make sense with the ring lug. Probably bolts under one of the solenboid bolts to ground the side plate.

Comment

there is a black and white wire but that goes onto the negative terminal on the battery. then a single red wire, the double red with the fuse and then this single black and yellow wire...

Comment

there is a black and white wire but that goes onto the negative terminal on the battery. then a single red wire, the double red with the fuse and then this single black and yellow wire...
                so you can't down load the manual (basscliff's site)?

B/Y is right coil and the fuel gauge.

Comment

yeah i've downloaded both manuals and theres 20 different schematics for bikes that dont match my exact model 83 gs400e

Comment

I've already done that, i have both the haynes and climer manuals. if someone who knows could just throw me a quick answer i'd appreciate it!
                    Isnt there a genuine manual on there? let me know and ill find one

Comment

guys if anyone could please just look at there own bike and see where the black and yellow wire that comes from the ignitor unit. where does the eyelet on that wire bolt onto?

Comment

bumpbumpbump

Comment

Working...
                        X