Stator Paper Compliment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator Paper Compliment

Just a note to say thanks for the Stator Papers and all the great electrical support from the group. I have a 1981 GS1000L that stopped charging, and the Stator Papers helped isolate the problem.

The problem turned out to be a blown in-line fuse between the R/R and the battery. I had installed the fuse when installing a replacement R/R (Honda CX400 I think) based on someone's recommendation here.

I've replaced the fuse and the system charges again. Hopefully there is not some other problem lurking that caused the fuse to blow in the first place. If so and it returns, I'll be back . . .

Happy Father's Day to all!

Originally posted by Tracer View Post
    Just a note to say thanks for the Stator Papers and all the great electrical support from the group. I have a 1981 GS1000L that stopped charging, and the Stator Papers helped isolate the problem.

The problem turned out to be a blown in-line fuse between the R/R and the battery. I had installed the fuse when installing a replacement R/R (Honda CX400 I think) based on someone's recommendation here.

I've replaced the fuse and the system charges again. Hopefully there is not some other problem lurking that caused the fuse to blow in the first place. If so and it returns, I'll be back . . .

Happy Father's Day to all!
    So you wired the honda R/R direct to battery via a fuse? what size fuse?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X