Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When igition swich in lock position tailight on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locked up!!

so after a couple days of turning it counter clockwise i noticed ... it doesnt like that , some times hard to start, fuel gauge doesnt work .. i gave up , going to install a kill switch to the battery , it would take 4 men to put it on a truck ..

Comment

Originally posted by markmoss77 View Post
      so after a couple days of turning it counter clockwise i noticed ... it doesnt like that , some times hard to start, fuel gauge doesnt work .. i gave up , going to install a kill switch to the battery , it would take 4 men to put it on a truck ..
      Do this the easy way. Remove your ignition switch, clean the contacts and the molded wire connector plugs, lube the plunger and all will be well again. Or, just turn it to the OFF position and put a disc lock or a u-bolt lock on the front wheel if you're worried about theft.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        bakalorz, mighty13d, this discussion is about the 2nd locked position. I use the normal locked position (fully counterclockwise) when I do not want it moved. However, if you rotate the key fully clockwise, you can still remove the key, the steering stem is locked, but the taillight is on. This is the 2nd locked position and is seldom used.
        I thought he meant the locked OR taillight position.. haha not the park (locked and taillight) position. oops! I haven't used it but it's good if your broken down on the side of the road at night. I have not yet been broken down at night on the side of the road. Good maint and not running out of gas can help keep you from ever needing to use it. The bike I use the lock position on is also 20 years newer than most of the old GSs so it works perfectly. It's a ton easier to use than a wheel lock and 100% not forgettable!

Comment

Working...
        X