what type of battery for my 81 550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what type of battery for my 81 550

hey guys i was wondering what some good options are for batteries on my 81 550? i see a battery direct from suzuki is over 100 bucks which seems like robbery. im sure there are aftermarket batteries both sealed and unsealed i was just wondering if anyone had some input on where to look. as always any input or opinions are greatly appreciated. i did a search and found some threads but there were all for different models than mine...not sure if that makes a difference or not. i would assume it does since my 550 is a lot smaller than most of the gs family of bikes

You'll want to get an AGM type battery if you can. Maintenance and spill-free, plus they tend to last much longer. IIRC your battery size group should be 10-A2: A2 as in positive on the right with the terminals facing you. BikeCliff has a list up on his site:

YB10L-A2

MotoBatt brand AGM batteries are quite popular and well reputed.

Comment

You can get a lead-acid battery from Batteries Plus or Walmart as well. I want an AGM but don't have the money just yet.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Store manager of a Batteries Plus, Right here! I have been trying to figure out a way to let everyone know. But I am giving forum members crazy good pricing with full 2 years replacement warranties good at any batteries plus nation wide! PM for details! I ship anywhere in US.

Comment

i didnt see the gs550 on that chart...it jumped from 450 to 600 but thanks with the code 10L-A2 ill be able to look around and find one. datafive i'll PM you about pricing.

Comment

Working...
          X