GSX750ES : Mounting Starting motor relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750ES : Mounting Starting motor relay

Now that my frame was powder coated I started routing the electrical cabling. I forgot how to mount the starting motor relay.
    In the diagram seen in the link below, the relay is attached with a metal strap to the the electrical plate. Does this mean its body is grounded ?
    My relay has a rubber mount which doesn't look like anything seen in the picture. I don't know where to mount it or whether I need to ground its case in a way.
    I am 99% sure I had no mounting metal strap to start with...

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

1983 SUZUKI GS750ED - ELECTRICAL

Here's what my 85EF looks like

Hope it helps.

Comment

On the GSes I am familiar with (850G and 1100G) the starter solenoid itself doesnt have a ground wire terminal. It expects its case to be grounded, and there is a seperate ground wire from wiring harnes connected at the mounting bolt of the starter solenoid.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

As I thought, I'll have to buy or improvise a metal mounting strap.
        Thanks guys.

Comment

Black with white wire in the first of my pics is the ground wire.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            Black with white wire in the first of my pics is the ground wire.
            BTW...Black and white goes to one side of the relay but it has no contact with the relay metal case which brings me to the conclusion that the metal strap is for mechanical mounting and not for grounding purposes. Although I improvised a metal mount I could do it using a thick plastic tie rap. Or am I missing something ?

Comment

I did't ad a thing and it's grounding fine.Do what you want but......

Comment

A little progress made today. I managed to identify and verify continuity of each and every wire and I marked them with stickers.
                Finished the routing to the back end of the bike and to the electrical plate assy. The drawings of electrical wiring routing are in the service manual are horrible. Why didn't Suzuki provide more detailed photos of such a critical procedure ?
                Anyway, I attached a photo with the harnesses I still need to route. He who provides photos of the cabling will get a chance to date my sister ;-)

Comment

A picture or a better diagram, anybody ?

Comment

Working...
                  X