Kill switch kills headlights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill switch kills headlights...

I turn my killswitch to off and it turns off my headlights. Is this normal or did I mess up my wiring?

RAFE, you have certainly done something wrong.

On the 650 the kill switch is fed by an O/W wire from fuse No. 3. Then it goes to an O/W wire that goes to the igniter. the 3rd wire then feeds the starter button from within the RH handle bar switch gear. There is no connection to the headlights any where in this setup.

Retrace what you have done and see if there are any discrepancies.

P.S. Which country are you from as different countries had different wiring setups. For instance in Australia you could always turn your lights ON or OFF as you preferred, but in the U.S it was lights ON all the time with no choice. So the wiring is different.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I'm in the US. Thanx 4 the info! I recently attached i new(used) CDI/igniter box but my old box had flat pins on the connector so I soldered my old mylex connector on the new CDI box with the round pins. All the wires were color-coded the exact same so I figured it wasn't a problem. I'm gonna try and disconnect my headlight from my killswitch now, lol.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by Rafe View Post
        I'm in the US. Thanx 4 the info! I recently attached i new(used) CDI/igniter box but my old box had flat pins on the connector so I soldered my old mylex connector on the new CDI box with the round pins. All the wires were color-coded the exact same so I figured it wasn't a problem. I'm gonna try and disconnect my headlight from my killswitch now, lol.
        Rafe, do you have a wiring diagram for the 650? It will make it easier to chase out the wiring if you have one. The headlight and coils should be on different fuses. You will see that on the wiring diagram.

Comment

Working...
        X