Headlight switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight switch.

I need both the dimmer switch and on/off switch covers. Which of these would I need? It appears to be 20 for sure, and either 18 or 19. 19 apears to be the one that I have currently that broke in my fall on Thursday, but I am still unsure about the 2. What is 18 for exactly?

In case it doesnt take it to the right system, it is left handle switch(model X)
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2011, 12:15 AM. Reason: add picture

another picture

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkokos View Post
      I need both the dimmer switch and on/off switch covers. Which of these would I need? It appears to be 20 for sure, and either 18 or 19. 19 apears to be the one that I have currently that broke in my fall on Thursday, but I am still unsure about the 2. What is 18 for exactly?

In case it doesnt take it to the right system, it is left handle switch(model X)
      They are marked as "knob dimmer", "knob stopper" and "knob lighting" below the fisch? Not sure what you are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkokos View Post

81 models had headlight on/off switch ; 82's just had hi/low switch. If you are just looking for buttons, buy an assembly off ebay. Lots of 81 and earlier models shared same switch ,but the wiring/plugs were different. If your switch case is cracked, I'd get the whole assembly.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The case is not cracked, just a knob missing and the other broken. I was wondering whether to get the 'lighting' or 'stopper' knob. Ill probably just order all 3 and have an extra part to keep in the tool box.

Thread is now pointless.... lol

Comment

Working...
          X