Which Wire Goes Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Wire Goes Where?

There are two wires that go to this, an orange one and a white one. I can't for the life of me remember which one goes to which post.

For reference, this is under the frame cover on the right hand side of the bike (if you're sitting on it facing forward). The post that is lowest in the picture sits the farthest outward on the bike.

Can anyone help me out?

It doesn't matter. Just plug them up. That's your rear brake light switch, it's just an on off switch.

Buddy
    09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
    83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
    81 GS650G for the wife.
    82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
    I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
    If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
    Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Correct, it makes no difference, plug them as you wish.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

I did as you said and finally got my bike running again. As a result, I took it out on its maiden voyage under my ownership!

I found out the hard way that the battery is toast and had to have a good samaritan give me a push start. I then proceeded to stall it again a few blocks down, like the noob I am, and had to push it the rest of the way home. That was... less than fun.

I'm definitely hooked though!

Comment

Good to hear you up and riding...wooo hooo
          Maiden ride you say, enjoying it you say, so pics man, where are the pics, you know we like pics.

Comment

No pics from this outing, unfortunately. I was so excited that I ran upstairs, grabbed all my gear and just took off. Also, it was starting to get dark outside and my phone takes horrible low-light pictures (I should get a real camera one of these days).

Next time though!

Comment

Working...
            X