• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
    Hi,

I use flux capacitors.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    And how's that working for you?
    I'm still trying to find the flux capacitor in my bike, I've been told it's in the 1st generation TSCU which seems to have a low time between failures rate. Don't know if it's a flux capacitor as much as it is a gremlin.

Anyway, I use NGK's in both bikes, and have used them exclusively in all my bikes.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Souske View Post
      I would like to use flux capacitors as well, however my bike was built 5 years before Back to the future. Is there a writeup somewhere on your site? Mcfly?
      Here's the scoop...

The circuit:

Wire it up:

Install it in the enclosure:

Add power and test:

Then install it next to the battery box:

BassCliff

Comment

Cliff, your response leaves me speechless. Almost.
        Once you get the thread diameter correct, the only other issue is the length it projects into the combustion chamber. The further it projects, the hotter the plug. NGK numbers their plugs with the higher number a cooler plug. A D9 is cooler than a D8.
        AFA plug choice, consider what it does. All it does is provide a spark that ignites the fuel/air mixture. Once you provide sufficient spark to ignite the mixture at the proper time you are done. The main advantage I see for most plugs is the duration. If I have a vehicle that is a major pain to change plugs, I would go with a different type, such as platinum or iridium. Otherwise, I'd go stock. And I run NGKs on both bikes, stock configuration. GS is 100% stock, GPz is highly modified. Both run acceptably.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          Cliff, your response leaves me speechless. Almost.

Of course I use the stock plugs in my bike, the NGK B8ES.

I have a chart HERE that lists the stock plugs for most of our GS bikes.

BassCliff

Comment

Hmmm....I wonder what the time machine would have looked like had the doc used a GS instead of the delorean?

Comment

Originally posted by Tenrilid View Post
              Hmmm....I wonder what the time machine would have looked like had the doc used a GS instead of the delorean?
              Doc would have put the Flux Capasitor under the K&M's of course... Fusimatic, got me. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                I use NGK D9EA in my bike. It helps the engine run a little cooler.
                I find this interesting, mainly because it's the engine that cools the plug, not the plug that tells the engine how hot to run.

The length of the ceramic inside the plug determines how quickly the heat at the tip is transferred to the head, where it is conducted away from the plug.

The plug only starts the fire. The engine then conducts heat away from the plug. Sorry, but rurnning colder plugs won't make the engine run cooler.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  Here's the scoop...
                  The circuit:

Wire it up:

Install it in the enclosure:

Add power and test:

Then install it next to the battery box:
                  Or, if you don't want to bother building one for yourself, you can get one at KaleCo Automotive.

LOTS of other good stuff at their site, take a few minutes to browse around.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Or, if you don't want to bother building one for yourself, you can get one at KaleCo Automotive.

LOTS of other good stuff at their site, take a few minutes to browse around.

And they stand by their products with a great return policy

NOTE: Special return policy: If you are not 100% satisfied, you may return this product for a full refund, in no LESS than 30 days before you purchase it!

Comment

That was hilarious, I love the lowering kit and the passenger noise suppressor.

Comment

Working...
                      X