81 GS450L RR Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
    While he's installing the replacement R/R, fix the poor grounding issues between it and the battery- at the very least run a solid wire connection from R/R ground point to battery negative.
    Noticed your located in Maine Tom! You been riding this season?

I took that picture yesterday with hopes of beating Woody to posting his question but I failed!

Comment

Originally posted by Skuld View Post
      LOL I can say that he already did that tab removal steve LOL. =^.^=

This is a picture of his wire-harness. Meow!
      Might be the nanny filters here at work, I can only see a box with a red X.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Skuld View Post
        Noticed your located in Maine Tom! You been riding this season?

I took that picture yesterday with hopes of beating Woody to posting his question but I failed!
        I live in Sebago and ride up and down NH/ME border mostly- Fryeburg to south.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Might be the nanny filters here at work, I can only see a box with a red X.

No the link itself is bad. Even going to properties and trying to paste the link itself in there gives me a page cannot be displayed error
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            No the link itself is bad. Even going to properties and trying to paste the link itself in there gives me a page cannot be displayed error
            It works perfectly. Dunno who you are using for an ISP but you can try this link:

Same link that my picture is, if you are using internet explorer then you are copy+pasting an incomplete URL.

Comment

Success

Well the Stator has been replaced, i have said this before and i am saying it again, Thank You BassCliff for the awesome tutorials on Stators! By trade i am an IT guy and know very little about things that go vroooom, but with his help i was able to successfully change out my stator and get back up and running again .

Per Steve's recommendation i left the third leg of the stator running through the light switch and per Tom's recommendation i sanded down the ground points on the R/R and ran a brandy new ground wire to the negative terminal.

I was going to link a bunch of photo's but i threw them all into Photobucket (kinda unimpressed with that site, anyone know a better pic hosting site?). Here is a link to the album i created if anyone is intrested.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Glad to see you got it sorted Woody!

Like yourself I'm an IT guy, and I'd be lost without these forums. I've managed to get most of the way through my rebuild due to the knowledge on here...

I use Photobucket myself and generally find it to be ok, others use Image Shack as well I believe.
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                X