No announcement yet.

No spark...coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the box on but the element that came with the bike disintegrated. Im sure it will run smoother with that on, but im still concerned with the backfiring.

Comment

Originally posted by mindtrip View Post
      I have the box on but the element that came with the bike disintegrated. Im sure it will run smoother with that on, but im still concerned with the backfiring.
      Some folks here think that having no element would cause problems as you rev to 4k. My bike starts ok with no element-this is how I bought it- but I don't know if it would rev smoothly this way. A tight airbox with element slightly lowers the pressure holding the diaphragms down-i.e., it's easier for the engine vacuum to lift the carb pistons . You might be able to restrict air flow to airbox by rigging up a crude filter-just make sure it doesn't get swallowed.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Crude...perfect ill search the site for proper materials

Comment

alright guys i made my own air filter out of a sock, completely modified for cafe racing j/k
          anyways, i got the boots all right and tight and i fired her up and she idles nicely. only problem is i did the hand test on the header....wouldnt you know it, i dont have ignition on cyl 3 and 4. wtf is that? I have spark. No gas getting through?

Comment

Is being the owner of an older bike, JUST WONDERFUL!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mindtrip View Post
              alright guys i made my own air filter out of a sock, completely modified for cafe racing j/k
              anyways, i got the boots all right and tight and i fired her up and she idles nicely. only problem is i did the hand test on the header....wouldnt you know it, i dont have ignition on cyl 3 and 4. wtf is that? I have spark. No gas getting through?
              So...two months have gone by. What's the status of your freebie? Did you get it running on all four cylinders? Have you gotten your hands on a carb synch gauge?
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
              X