What NOT to do!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What NOT to do!!

If anyone saw my other recent post I painted my bike (photos soon and when I put the various pieces back together the bike was backfiring, HORRIBLY! :/ Well I tried carb cleaner, still not much luck. Took off the exhaust made sure no paint got on the inside, all looked good, put it back on, still no luck... UNTIL... I took off the gas tank again and had a look at the spark plugs. What would you know, I had spark plugs 1 and 2 backwards. I know clap away

NEVER DO THIS! I am lucky nothing appears wrong since I drove about 60 miles to let the carb cleaner do its job. Still have my usual top end knock which after browsing the forums seems to be VERY common, and luckily i hardly notice it!

The symptoms of doing this included: Huge loss of power, backfire, acted like a dirty carb.

Glad you sussed it out.
    I just finished replying to your post in the other forum and saw this.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 78gs1000 View Post
      If anyone saw my other recent post I painted my bike (photos soon and when I put the various pieces back together the bike was backfiring, HORRIBLY! :/ Well I tried carb cleaner, still not much luck. Took off the exhaust made sure no paint got on the inside, all looked good, put it back on, still no luck... UNTIL... I took off the gas tank again and had a look at the spark plugs. What would you know, I had spark plugs 1 and 2 backwards. I know clap away

NEVER DO THIS! I am lucky nothing appears wrong since I drove about 60 miles to let the carb cleaner do its job. Still have my usual top end knock which after browsing the forums seems to be VERY common, and luckily i hardly notice it!

The symptoms of doing this included: Huge loss of power, backfire, acted like a dirty carb.
      u mean 1 and 2 wires reversed?

Comment

Haha yes the 1 and 2 wires! Not the spark plugs.

Comment

Working...
        X