integrated tail light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

integrated tail light

i wonder if any one could help me?, i hooked up an integrated taillight from kapscomoto and i got evrything working except the right turn signal,the left one works great, i had to hook the postive and negitive together on the left side and it works ,so i did that for the right side and a buzzing sound comes from the relay, im not sure what to do with the negitive wire ? i have an 81 gs 750

Originally posted by rocksteveo View Post
    i wonder if any one could help me?, i hooked up an integrated taillight from kapscomoto and i got evrything working except the right turn signal,the left one works great, i had to hook the postive and negitive together on the left side and it works ,so i did that for the right side and a buzzing sound comes from the relay, im not sure what to do with the negitive wire ? i have an 81 gs 750
    Not familar with the unit, but shouldn't the negatives go to ground?
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

I just looked at the site, could not see a light that was recommended for your bike, so I have no idea which one you might have gotten.

I agree with ghostgs1, I think you have some wires crossed somewhere. What do the instructions say you should do?

I got an accessory light for Mrs. Steve's bike last month at Americade. It is somewhat "integrated" in that it has tail, brake and turn signal functions all in one housing. The wiring instructions were a bit "sketchy", but I found that there was one wire that had to be grounded, another one that had to be "live" to get everything to work, then there were four wires for the other functions: tail, brake, left turn, right turn. Without that one "live" wire connected, none of the others would work. Yours might be similar, but its function hidden in the wiring instructions.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

there was no instructions with the unit. heres what i got, the new tailight has 5 wires . and i have 7 wires coming from bike.now my running light works,barake light works and plate light all work, after hooking all the wires toghether im left with 2 negitive wires from the original turn signals, but when i join one side of the trun signals together positive and negitive the one signals works, but when i do the same for left and right side nothing happens, i had bought a new flash relay cause the stock one didnt work with led, so basicaly i have everything working except one trun signal, im so lost on this

Comment

Not sure where you have seven wires on the bike, there should be FIVE:
          tail
          brake
          left turn
          right turn
          ground

OK, the tail/brake light will have a ground wire and each turn signal assembly will have its own ground wire, making seven, but all the ground wires can/should be connected together.

What are the wire colors on your new light? There could be some clue to their function there.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

i hooked up all the grounds together and still nothing,, the new light comes with black green red yellow and orange.

Comment

I will guess the following:
              Black: Ground
              Red: Tail (or brake)
              Orange: Brake (or tail)
              Yellow: Left Turn
              Green: Right Turn

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
              X