No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Spark

I just pickup a 79 850gs and experiencing spark issues. i have spark out of one of the coils so i replaced the one without and the new one has no spark also.. i then hooked up the working coil to the other side and then it has no spark. any help would be appriciated. in thinking bad wire on that side!?

Originally posted by aspen9 View Post
    I just pickup a 79 850gs and experiencing spark issues. i have spark out of one of the coils so i replaced the one without and the new one has no spark also.. i then hooked up the working coil to the other side and then it has no spark. any help would be appriciated. in thinking bad wire on that side!?
    Follow the link to Basscliff's site to further the diagnosis that you've already done. Or wait till he discovers you!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Your 850 has points and condensers unless they have been changed to electronics. Check the wire from the points to the coil for continuity. Check the other wire (orange/white) from the harness (kill switch) to the coil for 12v. If these check out OK then check for sparking at both sets of points with ignition ON and cranking the motor. best done at night or in a dark garage to see the sparking. You should be able to work it out from there.

Let us know your progress.

Comment

Working...
      X