R/R Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R/R Question

I just came back from a ride and decided to check my fusebox to make sure all was ok. I accidentally touched the regulator which is right next to the fusebox and noticed that it was hot to the touch. My question is are they supposed to get hot when the bike is running or am I looking at trouble in the making?

Originally posted by 81zuke View Post
    I just came back from a ride and decided to check my fusebox to make sure all was ok. I accidentally touched the regulator which is right next to the fusebox and noticed that it was hot to the touch. My question is are they supposed to get hot when the bike is running or am I looking at trouble in the making?
    Yes, they get noticeably hot as they are probably dissipating about 25 watts. If they are buried in wiring, etc, they might not see much airflow, so they feel real warm, My bike has R/R under airbox above swingarm, so it gets decent airflow. After a ride, I often touch it to remind it that I have plenty of spares.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X