Shendingen SH530-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shendingen SH530-12

This R/R is listed as an alternative replacement for our misdesigned R/R's from Suzuki. Has anyone personally used this model? Any issues? Anyone know the measurement between the mounting holes?

I'm looking to replace the R/R on my '79 850. Have gone through the stator papers, added the additional grounding recommended by Posplayer. Everything checks out except the R/R. So, time to get a new one.

Chris

Chris how many wires does it have?

Comment

It's one of the 6 wire jobs off a Kawasaki EX250. I believe this is one with the sense wire on it. Here is a link:

I'm also looking at the FET regulators as well. I see FET's for only about $20-30 more. All the FET regulators look like they don't have wiring attached. So, I would need to get the plug harness from the donor bike to solder/attach to my bike.

Chris

Comment

Did it this way on my 85 750EF

That's because

the ignitor goes in frontFH009AA BTW.Jammed into the space the OEM goes.
        Edit:fit the stock mounts to.Did a thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=175127 to be sure I did it right.Since Steve said no sense wire required I didn't do that.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I recently installed a SH530-12K at my GS550. Seems to work well.
          It is a 6-wire model. Though looks a bit older than the one you are linking to.
          I am at a business trip, but will be back home tomorrow if you need distances between holes, wire colours or similar.

BR
          Stig
          77 GS550B

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I don't know why I didn't think to just use female spade connectors. That's a great solution.

Poulsen, I don't even have the R/R yet. I'll probably order it later today. I don't expect to have it until next week. So, I'm in no hurry. In fact, as long as the epoxy pack holding the electronics isn't right up against the mounting holes I can always slot the holes to mount in the stock position on my bike.

So, rather than helping me out with measurements. Do you guys remember if there is a bit of distance between the mounting holes and the epoxy holding the electronic bits?

Thanks,
            Chris

Comment

Lots of room to do some reeming. I found the mounting holes to be too wide by a couple of mm so I uses a small round file to make a bit of room on the SH 538 I put in last week. As I rcall there is a a good 5 or 6 mm of aluminum in the heatsink before you get anywhere near the epoxy.

No worries as the Oz brothers would say.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers,
              spyug

Comment

Working...
              X