No brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brake light

Hi. 81 gs1100e. Brake light not working. I tested the rear switch and got .3 resistance,ok. took apart the front brake switch and cleaned it up. Tested all rear lights off the bike w/power to them and they work. The double filament bulb main works while MC is running but brake light does not. The panel up front works and tells me there is no brake light. I'am waiting on a manual but in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Originally posted by oldschoolgs1100e View Post
    Hi. 81 gs1100e. Brake light not working. I tested the rear switch and got .3 resistance,ok. took apart the front brake switch and cleaned it up. Tested all rear lights off the bike w/power to them and they work. The double filament bulb main works while MC is running but brake light does not. The panel up front works and tells me there is no brake light. I'am waiting on a manual but in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
    Focus on rear switch first - does it have power with ignition on? then follow the wire from rear switch to light to make sure the connections are good. Since the tailight works, it seems that the ground side of things is ok. Basscliff's site probably has decent wiring diagram, so take a look!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Brake light filament blown?
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Basscliffs site has great wiring diagrams so you can see where faults could occur

Comment

Working...
        X