New RR has different coloring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RR has different coloring

I recieved my new rr from rm stator today and opened up the box to find a different coloring wire harness. I currently have a red, black and 3 yellows. This new one is as shown:

Does anyone know what wires are what now? I don't want to hook it up wrong. Or is this even the right part?

Would like to hook this new one up on my only day off so I can ride tom night. Thanks.

Yellow and white with blue, white with red go to stator. Red goes to batt/ fuse box connection, black goes to neg terminal

Comment

Originally posted by Souske View Post
      Yellow and white with blue, white with red go to stator. Red goes to batt/ fuse box connection, black goes to neg terminal
      Thanks for a speedy reply. Are you 100% sure of this? Because looking at the link below the yellow wires are in different locations than the white/blue, white/red, and yellow.

I have a 1979 gs750e btw with an already upgraded charging system.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Souske View Post
        Yes, this is correct. This color scheme is similar to the confusing colors used by the original Suzuki part. The reason is explained in The Stator Papers, which is required reading for all GS owners.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

The crimps on the mystery R/R connectors would have insured it's failure, but I think the one on my lawn tractor looks more heavy duty than that.
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Thanks guys. This is the one that I have right now but is not working:

And here is another pic of the one I just got:

As you can see it looks much different so I guess Ill try it. Any last suggestions?

Comment

EDepend on how bad you need your bike. I used the same R/R, as at the time I was quite anxious to have the bike running. In retrospect, I would have returned it and found a shindengen, or other more more modern R/R. Oh well, it has worked well so far

Comment

Working...
              X