elec issues plus carb probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

elec issues plus carb probs

i posted the carb stuff in the other section. when i started my gs1100, the wires to the stator were getting hot so i unplugged them bike started running better. all the warning lights stay on. i attached one of tbe grounds to the battery, and thats when the lights stayed on. now im not sure i have the right 3 wires hooked up to the stator/ r/rthe colors are too faded on the wires. i also have idling probs which i addressed in the carb section

Duanage, a member here sells modified Honda RR's that will likely solve your hot wire problems, however the stator may me toast as well. Maybe check the stator papers and do the test, I think on Bass Cliff's website.

I even wired my Honda RR wrong, blew the gel battery lid off, wired it correctly and it still serving me well.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

i did the staic staor tests and that checked ok. when i had it idling ( tho idling too high) the stator wires were getting hot so i unplugged them. the bike started running better. I think it was affecting the coils somehow. I measured the ac voltage at the stator wires and it fluctuated wildly. i saw 30 40 70 i think but it wass changing constantly. I also connected one of the black/white grounds directly to the battery negative. This shouldnt have a negative (no pun intended) effect on the electrics should it? Like i said earlier all my check lights come on and stay on when the bike is running. Im going to move the ground back, and I need to iron out my carb issues, then ill address the electrics. this is frustratingly endless problems, but after taking a break im ready to go at it again. To quote one of my mechanic mentors."if its of this earth, then It can be fixed".

Comment

Working...
      X