can i use my electrex stator with my stok regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i use my electrex stator with my stok regulator

I have a electrex stator from another 1100e i kept in storage. Its the one with 3 yellow wires. Unfortunalty I lost my electrex regulator. Can i use the electrex stator with my stock regulator? if so how do I wire it . will it help any ? thanks

Yes, you can use an aftermarket stator with a stock reg/rec. HOWEVER.....

The regulator/rectifier generally fails before the stator, which then causes the stator to fail. Not always, but generally, if you replace your stator but not your reg/rec, you won't be doing any good. The only way to know what is wrong is to troubleshoot your charging system.

Have you checked your voltage across your battery when the bike is running? Have you gone through the stator papers? Have you read the electrical troubleshooting guides on Basscliff's site?

There are probably over 100 threads on charging system issues. Read the troubleshooting papers, follow them, and 99% of the time you will find out what is wrong BEFORE replacing any parts.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Hi,

Since your r/r unit probably does not have a "sense" wire, just disregard that connection to the brake switch.

And since the above diagram is for a Honda-type r/r unit, your ground wire will probably be black and not green. Connect the ground wire from your r/r unit directly to the negative terminal of your battery.

See the r/r replacement guide and perhaps the stator replacement guide on my website for more information.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X