82 650L only one front running lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 650L only one front running lite

turns all work properly, but when they are both OFF, the one front lite is illminated. its either not sposed to be , or the other one isn't working. after thinking about this, i may have a bad ground somehwhere feeding thru back to the filament seeking a ground!!
    everything else is perfect. all lights are the correct bulbs and brightness.. just the one front turn lite is always on except for when you use that side as a turn signal, then it flashes normally
    Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM.

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
    turns all work properly, just only have the one front running lite. when using the turn signals, the one front running lite that is always illuminated goes out and flashes as designed....? single filament bulb so it must be a switching problem? dirty switch? I did a search and came up short lol, so i figured I'd ask!! my stuff is always weird darnnit.
    "one front running lite" ???? I added two running lights to mine, but where is the one you're talking about? and running lights ain't supposed to flash!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I just looked at it again, the left side front turn signal comes on when you turn the ign on. it flashes when you move the switch to the left. the right functions normally. I'm thinking the left ISN'T supposed to be on as a running lite haha.
      Some GM cars and others have the 'opposing voltage' thing going on. their parking lites for example, light up always but blink with the turn signals. if you think about it.. you can turn OFF a lamp by having one of two things happen. one or both + an- missing, or in the 'opposing voltage" case.. you can have BOTH negatives or BOTH positives on each side, thus NO LITE.

after consulting the schematic.. I think mine is not sposed to be on at all till i use the turn signal.
      I probably have a bad ground somewhere resulting in a feedback situation to this filament.
      If someone can confirm this model and year (82 650L) does not have running lamps illuminated on the front??

Comment

I just looked at it again, the left side front turn signal comes on when you turn the ign on. it flashes when you move the switch to the left. the right functions normally.

after consulting the schematic.. I think mine is not sposed to be on at all till i use the turn signal.
        I probably have a bad ground somewhere resulting in a feedback situation to this filament.
        If someone can confirm this model and year (82 650L) does not have running lamps illuminated on the front??
        Someone could have added (or tried to add) running lights, but I doubt they left Japan with running lights. You need to remove headlight to get after wiring to turn signals. Compare right and left wiring to signals and you will probably find something amiss.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

yep.. i'm going up tho the shop now. i bet i find it . i gotta check the rear turns.. someone may have put in an 1157 or something and i've seen everything . stuff is always simple to explain, if you can figure it out haha. I already had the headlite out and don't see a thing that is molested in any way!!!
          thanks !!!

Comment

Problem solved

upon CLOSER visual inspection, deep within the recces of the headlite bucketwas a small flat MODULE.. probably a running lamp converter..with inline bullet connectors.. and after I unhooked the dumb thing and rehooked all the stock wiring I now have no left side "running lite" but only TWO perfectly functioning turn signals..

it's always something simple

Comment

upon CLOSER visual inspection, deep within the recces of the headlite bucketwas a small flat MODULE.. probably a running lamp converter..with inline bullet connectors.. and after I unhooked the dumb thing and rehooked all the stock wiring I now have no left side "running lite" but only TWO perfectly functioning turn signals..

it's always something simple
              Don

"it's always something simple" we can hope, but don't count on it- overconfidence can bite back!
              1981 gs650L

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                don

"it's always something simple" we can hope, but don't count on it- overconfidence can bite back!
                it's always either one of two things.

Too much resistance.
                Too little resistance.
                Period .

Comment

Working...
                X