Brass Battery Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass Battery Spacer

I all, I lost one of the brass spacers while changing out my battery the other day. I tried just using the screw on the negative terminal but my bike was very hard to start after that (not getting electricity, haha). I have looked around but I can't find anything like the brass spacer anywhere, even online. Anyone have any ideas what would be a good replacement if I can't fins one? Of all teh people that have motorcycles, its hard to believe I cant find this park anywhere. Thanks a lot!

you mean the nut that secures the bolt on the battery post? dosent have to be brass, use a normal nut, will do the job
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

No, Its not the rectangle nut that goes in the "box" area, and it's not the screw either. There is a brass spacer inbetween thats is about 1/2 inch. Since the screw is longer than the distance between the top of the terminal and the battery, the spacer makes it able to tighten the connections to the terminal. Sorry I wish I had pictures but Im at work.

Here is the order of the parts top to bottom

ScrewHead
      Electrial wire
      Spacer
      Top of Terminal
      Rectangle nut
      Bottom of screw
      Bottom of terminal

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Comment

not sure why you have a brass spacer? just shorten the bolt. i have no idea what the point of the brass spacer is for
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

If this is what you mean I got them at Batttery Direct, for free...
          http://www.moto-performance.co.uk/images/detailed/0/BATADAPTOR.jpg
          GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

My AGM battery requires a spacer if the cable is bolted on the side. It's like a triple thick washer with a flat spot on the outside edge making it sort of "D" shaped. If that's what you need you might be able to file down a couple washers to work. Good luck.

Buddy
            09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
            83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
            81 GS650G for the wife.
            82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
            I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
            If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
            Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Working...
            X