A Voltmeter for Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adler View Post
    Oooo. Very nice, its hard not to buy that one immediately. I think I still want to try something home-brewed though.
    How do they fit all that into such a tiny package???
    Its probably a microprocessor and a few resistors and maybe capacitors, all surface mount components ...

It is under a 10mm led, which is fairly big.

It's probably a very simple circuit, programming the micro is the only kind of hard part ... I breadboarded one that was working (but read a pot vice voltage), but didn't like the way it looked. I might have been able to get it under a 10mm LED.

If I get time I'll figure out how to do your other circuit to be adjustable and use only 1 led (the one with the Red/green LED) You should be able to do it with a single LM339, a diode, 3 resistors and 2 potentiometers.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
      Its probably a microprocessor and a few resistors and maybe capacitors, all surface mount components ...

It is under a 10mm led, which is fairly big.

It's probably a very simple circuit, programming the micro is the only kind of hard part ... I breadboarded one that was working (but read a pot vice voltage), but didn't like the way it looked. I might have been able to get it under a 10mm LED.

If I get time I'll figure out how to do your other circuit to be adjustable and use only 1 led (the one with the Red/green LED) You should be able to do it with a single LM339, a diode, 3 resistors and 2 potentiometers.
      That would be pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
      X