Hi-Tech Wiring Diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-Tech Wiring Diagram?

I plan to rewire my bike over the winter, and am working through the wiring diagram to layout what parts and wire will be necessary.

It occurs to me that the wiring diagram would be a whole lot easier to use if it were mapped out in layers. For instance, if you split the circuits into function categories (e.g., charging system, ignition, lights, etc.), you could then layout the wiring in stages, then tie it all together.

Right now I have a several photocopies of the diagram on 17" x 11.5" paper. I was planning to use markers to highlight the different circuits.

Do any of our members have suitable MSPaint or PhotoShop skills to do this electronically? It would be pretty handy to flip back and forth between the total diagram and a particular system on screen. Not to mention, converting the diagram to color.

Or can anyone recommend a fairly idiot-proof software program that I might use to create such a diagram? I suck at MS Paint and have no PhotoShop skills, so it would have to be a pretty simple program.

It would be pretty simple to separate the systems into layers in photoshop but then only people with photoshop (or a similar layering based program) could view it.

Comment

Working...
    X