No announcement yet.

Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if the shocks bottom out. I don't think they do but I am a big guy around 300lbs. when I go over a decent bump it hurts pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by GS650E_81 View Post
      I am not sure if the shocks bottom out. I don't think they do but I am a big guy around 300lbs. when I go over a decent bump it hurts pretty good.
      Head to suspension forum ,bwringer had some tips for springs in someone's posting.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Head to suspension forum ,bwringer had some tips for springs in someone's posting.
        Please do this. Do it right, do it once. Do not get shocks that claim they can work for a Yamahamahaha VMAX and a GS500. No shock can do that. Those are eye candy that can kill you.

Comment

How about these from Emgo?

http://www.newmotorcycleparts.com/ch...ar_shocks.html

Also, do I have to get specific springs for my extra weight?

Comment

Hi,

How about these from Emgo?

http://www.newmotorcycleparts.com/ch...ar_shocks.html

Also, do I have to get specific springs for my extra weight?
            I have a pair of those on my bike. They are sprung very stiffly. And they come with lousy bushings. But they will work better than 30 year old stock shocks. If you can spend about $200 you can get some pretty good shocks that will ride nicely. Here is one source: www.davequinnmotorcycles.com. Give them a call and tell them your vitals so they can whip up a batch of shocks for you. Refer to your "mega-welcome" for more suspension options.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I was strapped for cash and needed some shocks so I bought the emgos. Does anyone know how to adjust the preload?

Comment

I was strapped for cash and needed some shocks so I bought the emgos. Does anyone know how to adjust the preload?
                Show us a pic or a link, please.

Comment

help

Delhi.

I got a garage and a decent set of tools.

Anyone up for a complete rebuild
                  Yes please or help. Pm sent.

Thanks
                  Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X