Hi-Res 80GS850GT Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-Res 80GS850GT Wiring Diagram

I have finally come good with my promise of doing a Hi Res drawing. I traced over the original using paint.net

Can someone please advise on how best to give it to the forum. As well as advising on the best "order of layers" for the image in paint.net

I also do not mind gifting the paint.net file for the Forum users. Just buy me a Coffee when you see me.

My reasoning for the paint.net effort is that the user can print just the wires that he is interested in, to avoid the crossed eyes effect.

Very Nice work.
    http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
    1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

Hi,

That's a great looking diagram. If you get yourself a Mediafire account you can upload it and share it. Would you consider allowing me to host a copy on my little website?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Very nicely done indeed!!!

Daniel

Comment

Damn that is stunning.

Comment

Nice job, you are one of the many reasons this forum is great.

-Dave
            82 GS1100E
            five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
            Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Now to take it way up a notch can you animate it to show troubleshooting scenarios.

Now that would be damned cool

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments, i consider this my 5 minutes of fame.

I will forward the files to BassCliff for his stamp of approval. As i think the original came from his site, or at least a link. I created a seperate layer in paint.net for each colour wire, for the greatest flexibility. Maybe he can show a before and after for fun.

One big hurdle was working from a poor scan, and i had to referance with an old black & white one with the colours written below.

I will be trying to learn Autocad Electrical this Chrismas, in an attempt to make it better, or at least another model, but good source diagram is hard to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadkill2 View Post
                  I have finally come good with my promise of doing a Hi Res drawing. I traced over the original using paint.net

Can someone please advise on how best to give it to the forum. As well as advising on the best "order of layers" for the image in paint.net

I also do not mind gifting the paint.net file for the Forum users. Just buy me a Coffee when you see me.

My reasoning for the paint.net effort is that the user can print just the wires that he is interested in, to avoid the crossed eyes effect.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/...ingDiagram.png
                  Looks nice.

Not certain what is the significance of "order of layers".

But if could turn on/off differnt layers, might be intersting to have the circuits from each fuse on a seperate layer.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                  Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Hi Redman, the layers of the paint.net file are important, as it affects the final print. (I am fastidious that way, but some call me FULL OF SHIRT). Take a look at the, turn signal control unit, wires for example. Some appear to go over & under other wires.
                    Therefore i would prefer the more important wires to lay over the not so important ones.

The simple non complex circuit could be at the bottom, like the positive to ignition switch.

I did it in paint.net, so that i could re-arrange at will. I am also arranging with BassCliff to host it on his website
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2011, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Nice, very nice. A printed copy of each layer on clear pages...
                      I am seeing all sorts of future tutorials using this in their guides. So much more effective than black and white.

Comment

Hi Keman,

i take it that BassCliff has already posted it up, cannot find it on his page though?

Please provide link. Or maybe Basscliff can provide link to his site.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Roadkill2 View Post
                          i take it that BassCliff has already posted it up, cannot find it on his page though?
                          I haven't posted it to my site yet. I've been out all day fixing computers and Christmas shopping. I'll let you know when I get it up.

In the meantime, I've got it stored HERE. It's a png file but most picture viewer apps should be able to open it. It's not very big (about 165KB) but it scales up nicely without pixelating.

BassCliff

Comment

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I've put up Mr. Roadkill2's newly redone 1980 GS850G wiring diagram on my little website. Look for the "New" icon in the wiring diagrams section.

My thanks to Paul (Mr. Roadkill2) for his efforts and his generosity for letting me host a copy on my little website.

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks BassCliff, but i cannot find it on your website. Please post link.

Comment

Working...
                              X