Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda reg rec keeps blowing its fuse

Hi guys.
    I replaced my reg rec with a SH232 Honda reg rec following duneages tutorial

I connected the red power cable coming off the reg directly to the battery with a 15a inline fuse.
    That fuse keeps blowing now. I have been jumpstarting the bike lately as I am doing Carb tuning, but where should I start looking for this

The rr is fused to the chassis of the bike.
    I replaced my stator with a brand new one also.

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers

Is it blowing when you start the bike with its own battery power or only when you jump it?? Maybe the jumping has something to do with it????
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

You need a 25 or 30 amp fuse mate. 15 is too small. Don't worry, this is what it SHOULD be....

Comment

I was going to.go.up on.fuse sizes but wasn't sure. Ill go.grab some fuses noe.
        I.did a test and its not.from the jump starting its when I rev the bike.

Will report back after test!

Comment

30a fuse isn't.blowing! Thanks guys

Comment

I have a 20a fuse on my 850 with Honda Reg.. But I have to replace it like once a year..

Comment

Working...
            X