Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keys

I don't know if this is the right area, but I'll try anyway. I lost the key to my 1979 GS850G. Need help. Thanks Geoff.

Get the number from one of the locks, a good locksmith can make a key for you.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Look at the seat latch and you should see a 3 digit code on the face..thats the key code. any locksmith can make a key using that code number..tell them its a Suzuki whatever and year and they will be in like flynn.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

What number are you looking for? I have several and could simply make a copy for you.

Daniel

Comment

keys

The seat lock shows 114 thanks Geoff

Comment

I happen to have one of those.
            Send me a PM with details as to your location.

Daniel

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. jeff langmack,

Sorry I'm late with this. You've already got 7 posts!

So let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

And the same key used to work everything...RIGHT??? just to be sure the 114 is what you need for the ignition!!!
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

My ignition is so worn, I think I could start it with a popsicle stick.

I formulated a little "trick" to start my GS, in the event that I lose my keys...next time. lol Not a Popsicle stick though.

Comment

For reasons I never understood, key blanks cost a lot more in some States than they do here.

You do not need to buy an actual Suzuki blank, but can use Chrysler blanks, which are commonly available.
                    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                      For reasons I never understood, key blanks cost a lot more in some States than they do here.

You do not need to buy an actual Suzuki blank, but can use Chrysler blanks, which are commonly available.
                      Out here they're 16 bucks from a Suzuki dealership, or $2.50 from a locksmith.
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                      X