Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete View Post
    Have a scroll down in this thread:

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

That's what I would expect from a Shorai in terms of size myself too... my guess is they matched it to your stock battery as a direct replacement...
    When they shipped the Shoria it came in the box with enough rubber/foam to pack around the battery to take up the extra space in the stock battery box. We are not using a stock Battery box on this bike and are moving alot of the electrics around [ some into the battery box] to condense space
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I use to own one of those 99 1500v-twin intruders, it ate batteries regulary, problem was they were too small and too low a cca for the bike from the get go new, I couldn't get a battery with more power to fit because the battery location was in front between the frame near the bottom behind the front wheel/forks... solution! I found a DRY cell battery that was small, had incredible cold cranking power, literally could start a car, paid about $110. Will probably buy another next time I need to replace a battery. As far as brand, can't help ya there, don't remember, been a while.

Comment

Here is probably what you were expecting?

I would guess maybe they did a size match of your battery so it wouldn't wobble around in your battery box as well. I know you have the battery already and shame that you installed it. Wondering if they would have swapped it out for you for a smaller one with the same specs.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

Forgot to ask

Someone mentioned that there are troubles with good charging system regulation. Does anyone know if this includes the replacements that Duanage used to build? I know that most were suspected to be Shindengen but the older type not the newer series style? I'm in the market for a battery myself so thinking going this route.

Comment

Working...
          X