Pulses per revolution - GS750E 1981

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulses per revolution - GS750E 1981

I have mounted my Asura Multifunction Computer and all works nice, but the RPM counter is a bit off the chart. The wire from the computer is only supposed to be winded around the sparkplug wire. 6 revolutions it says. But still is way off..

So looking at the chart. What should I use? 1 puls per revolution or...

The number of turns your sensor is wound around the plug wire will only determine the strength of the pulse that it provides to the computer.

For speed recognition, you will be looking for one pulse per revolution because our bikes have a "wasted spark" ignition that does not use a distrubutor to send sparks to the appropriate plug.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve is of course absolutely correct. Plugs 1&4 fire at the same time, and plugs 2&3 fire at the same time. But even though each pair fires at the same time, only one of each pair will be on the firing stroke at a time.

Comment

ok. So I can connect to plug 1 and set it to "One pulse per revolution" and that would be correct?

Comment

Originally posted by phrode View Post
          ok. So I can connect to plug 1 and set it to "One pulse per revolution" and that would be correct?
          Absolutely, unless you tell us otherwise!
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Why not just try em all till they make sense.
            They are markedly different so it would be hard to pick the wrong one by trial and error.

And show us some pictures.

Comment

To plug one, or any one. Many ignitions are on the end of the cam, which spins half of crank speed. These are on the end of the crank, and spin at crank speed. Each plug fires at the compression stroke, and then again at the exhaust stroke.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

More wire around the sparkplug cable and setting "2 pulses per revolution" did the trick :-)

I guess by revolution, they mean fourstroke "cycle"?

Comment

Working...
                X