Wiring connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring connectors

I'm in the process of fitting new turn signals to my GS650GL, and the previous own kindly cut some of the wiring so I've got some replacing to to do. Obviously I could use any sort of connectors, but I was trying to remain "stock" to minimise maintenance headaches down the line (without having to replace all the connectors upfront!).

Any ideas what I should be searching for to find a good match?

Originally posted by SamCrow View Post
    I'm in the process of fitting new turn signals to my GS650GL, and the previous own kindly cut some of the wiring so I've got some replacing to to do. Obviously I could use any sort of connectors, but I was trying to remain "stock" to minimise maintenance headaches down the line (without having to replace all the connectors upfront!).

Any ideas what I should be searching for to find a good match?
    The stock stuff was mostly bullet connectors, but I'd avoid those and opt for male/female spades. Make sure your turn signals have a good ground . Hopefully, you have ventured to Basscliff's site and scooped a color wiring diagram to help you navigate Suzuki's approach to electrics!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I've been buying my connectors recently from Cycle Re-Cycle II and Vintage Connections.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

There is really nothing all that "wrong" with bullet connectors.

LIke any other connector, clean and tight is the way to go. Nice, fresh bullets work VERY well.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X