Low Beam and Taillight Inpoerative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Beam and Taillight Inpoerative

A quick search has told me there is a bad ground somewhere, but I'm somewhat new to this bike and I'm hoping someone could tell me where to start.
    Here are my conditions:
    Low beam Inop
    High beam works
    Taillight Inop
    Brake light works

This tells me it's not a fuse.

So there is a bad ground?
    Is this a ground wire for the ignition switch, taillight or left hand switch? Where do each of these ground terminate? I have all the wiring diagrams, but they don't show where these wires physically ground.

This info would be helpful to me and also to future searchers of GS info.

I should add that these lights went out simultaneously, so the chances of it being both bulbs, while possible, is unlikely.

Comment

There is a common ground that runs from front to back (black wire) and attaches to the taillight case. Check your ground wire connections in the headlight bucket as well
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Wellllll I feel like a jerk.

BOTH bulbs were blown, and now so is my mind.

I feel like something had to have surged to pop both bulbs simultaneously...or just an insane coincidence?

Comment

It is possible but not probable. Time to check your voltage with your multimeter to make sure your regulator is still regulating.

Comment

Working...
          X