No announcement yet.

Almost complete 1982 gs550l but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funnel has been sitting there for a few hours. Its not a big funnel but...

Comment

Originally posted by Defore View Post
      A funnel has been sitting there for a few hours. Its not a big funnel but...
      Well, it ain't the float needle seats leaking then! But, where is this fuel coming from that fouling #3 and 4? leaking choke plunger? needs more thought.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That's what I'm saying! Blowing my mind...maaaaaybe just maybe my plug caps are cutting in and out?

Comment

I'll assume you checked for spark on 3 and 4..... and that plug wires are on correct plug..... Anyways,will this bike start without "choke" on ? After it runs a bit on 1 and 2, pull spark plugs 3 and 4, are they dry or wet?
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes it starts without choke and I've check the spark and wires and they are wet.

Comment

And the wires are on the correct plugs? 1 and 4 fire together and thus come from the same coil, so the non-working #4 plug wire leads back with the working #1? 2 and 3 fire together as well.

Comment

Exactly. All wires are where they should be. Just tested the secondaries on the coils and both have 33k Ohms.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I think i found my problem...I pulled the jets and I notice cylinder one has a different pilot jet. Tho I ordered the right three they sent me ones that have holes in the sides? I'm reposting.

Comment

Working...
                  X