Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoopGaroo View Post
    Thanks.

I was a little confused by the stator papers, but I managed to test everything and found that the stator was bad. I decided to clean all the connections and replace the r/r and stator at the same time; that way I'm totally covered. I got both products from Electrosport. Installation wasn't too hard with the assistance of the guides on BikeCliff's website. Thanks Again!

It's been really, really, nice to have a reliable bike the past few weeks. It starts much easier and the battery is charging well.

I found out yesterday that you can wire the r/r directly to the battery (with an in line fuse) to bypass the wiring loom. I'll take care of that job this weekend.

As Earl has said, DEFINITELY do that, but also clean up the grounding connection, or even add a second cable from negative terminal to another point on the bike to ensure constant grounding because failure, or intermittent failure, will lead to damage of the RR and/or stator.
    I use automotive 8AWG cable for that.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
    X