No announcement yet.

Harness...hmmmm Relays....hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clean my ignition switch when I get the bike out of storage. I do the run switch, headlight controls, and brake light switches too. I have only .18 volts of loss across my ignition switch, barely a problem.

The amount of junk that gets into the contacts is surprising. It's a shame Suzuki didn't see fit to seal the switches better, but I think the best engineers were in the engine department not electrical.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
      Am I correct in thinking that I now just literally take that loop out of the harness and just hook up my remaining three stator wires to the RR?
      Yep.

Think back for a moment or three. How many times have you see us post ... "wire your stator directly to the R/R"?

(By the way, there is nothing "remaining", there are only three wires coming from the stator in the first place. )

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Yep.

Think back for a moment or three. How many times have you see us post ... "wire your stator directly to the R/R"?

(By the way, there is nothing "remaining", there are only three wires coming from the stator in the first place. )

Yep....and now I know EXACTLY what that means. I'd rather be repetitive than wrong. I will connect with confidence now.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
          Yep....and now I know EXACTLY what that means. I'd rather be repetitive than wrong. I will connect with confidence now.
          And I have a feeling that, once you do that and see the results, you will be doing some "preaching", too.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
            I clean my ignition switch when I get the bike out of storage. I do the run switch, headlight controls, and brake light switches too. I have only .18 volts of loss across my ignition switch, barely a problem.

The amount of junk that gets into the contacts is surprising. It's a shame Suzuki didn't see fit to seal the switches better, but I think the best engineers were in the engine department not electrical.
            Take care of your switches and they will take care of you right?

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            And I have a feeling that, once you do that and see the results, you will be doing some "preaching", too.
            ....I'll be all "fired" up for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X