No announcement yet.

78 GS750 charging problems, help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 450 only had one fuse, had a short problem, turned out to be short in brake light. But since only had one fuse, bike would of course die,
    bought a used wiring harness off a 550 (mine finally melted before I fiqured out problem), install new blade type fuse box and now have 4 separate fuses. Now if lights or other problem occurs only blows that fuse and bike can still run and my wife can make it home. Well worth the small expense of used harness and few hrs. cleaning it up and wiring in new box. terrylee

Comment

just wanted to verify that this is correct so far? (sorry, im color blind, so wiring is not my strong point)
      also this is what ive bean working on over the past week, cleaning all the connectors and sleeving the harness :-) what do you guys think? (sorry, couldn't figure out how to shrink the pictures)
      Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

well, its alive and charging, ended up wiring in another fuse and converting the existing buss fuse in to a blade fuse, time to make a bracket to mount the fuse box properly and get a new headlight bulb

Comment

Working...
        X