1982/1983 Electric Panel Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982/1983 Electric Panel Photo

Can someone who has a 1982/83 GS1100E please snap a nice shot of the electrical panel of a never apart bike - maybe from a couple angles? The harness in mine was replaced and things are fitted as shoved. Plus I'd like to make sure I got all the pieces needed.

Feel like doing the brake side too? By all means.
    1983 GS1100E

Originally posted by 6pkrunner View Post
    Can someone who has a 1982/83 GS1100E please snap a nice shot of the electrical panel of a never apart bike - maybe from a couple angles? The harness in mine was replaced and things are fitted as shoved. Plus I'd like to make sure I got all the pieces needed.

Feel like doing the brake side too? By all means.
    "Never taken apart bike, eh?" I think I'm the fourth owner, maybe 5th, used to know at one time. Still I don't think it was ever taken apart or removed "completely".
    Here's a few shots of the outside of the panel, I did in fact modify the wiring by running a wire from the battery probe to the + post on the battery, (The original batteries had a hole for a probe that would cause your battery light on the tach/speedo gauge cluster to stay on if your battery was low.) the replacement battery I had didn't have a hole for a probe, and I hated that light being on all the time, so I ran a wire. I can return it back to stock by simply taking the wire off .

Panel with fuse covers and 2nd generation turn signal control unit which I installed yesterday ($3.99 off E-bay!, it was a spare).

Panel with TSCU and fuse covers removed.

Tried to get an underside shot. I once tried to remove the battery box, I failed though, I just couldn't get the two screws holding the ignitor loose, and since I really didn't need to do it. (I was just putting a drain hose on my air box, and managed to do that, I didn't need to go the diminishing return route, I just put it back together .) I just saying that because I won't be able to get any pic's of the back side of this panel.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
    X