dyna coils to fit gs1000e........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dyna coils to fit gs1000e........

hi guys ,,are there a set of dyna coils ,that bolt and fit straight on my 1980 gs1000e and hopefully are fairly easy to completely instal ... any help would be appreciated regards oldgrumpy

Hi,

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Dyna Dual Output 3.0 Ohm Coils (pair) DC1-1 DYDC1-1
    OEM: DC1-1 ---
    DYDC1-1. 3 ohm green coils. Replacement for factory coils. Matched to the Dyna-S Electronic Ignitions. Fatter spark means smoother running and less chance of fouling a plug. See below for plug wires.

Check the resistance of the coils you are replacing to ensure a correct match. These coils work to replace some point system coils where the resistance is in the low to mid 3 ohm range. For some Kawasaki bikes with a resistor in the circuit (KZ1000 79 & 80), the 3 ohm coil is the best choice - just remove the ballast resistor from the circuit. If you have questions if these are correct, please call us or Dynatek at 1-800-928-3962

Never select a coil with a lower resistance than your ignition system - this will cause the coils to overheat and burn out... It is OK to select coils with a slightly higher resistance. For example 3.0 ohm coils with a 1.5 ohm CDI ignition. While this isn't optimal, it works and allows you to switch your CDI ignition over to a Dyna-S in the future.
    $130.00

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

You might need to change the order of the stock spacers/adjust their sizes & face the wire outputs forward... I did on my 1000G
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

dyna coils too replace 1980 standard coils,,,,

thanks guys i understood the information,,,its a great help regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Working...
        X