New here....plz help! bike not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here....plz help! bike not charging

hi, new here. i got a 85 gs700e, and bought i new battery bout a month ago cuz the one i had i thought was junk cuz it didnt seem to hold a charge but to find out the bike i dont think is charging the battery. im new to motorcyles, im not even sure where to really start. well today i jumped it to get started and it died about 2mins after sittin there and was completly dead, so charged the battery and started again and tested the volatage and it was only gettin like 8v and reved it to like 5k and got about only 10v, so i know it should be up near13-14v, any ideas what to check and how? thanks!

Welcome to the site, here is your mega welcome package you can go to BassCliff web site and look for the stator test, and stator replacement, and have a look here as well

Hi Mr. Jtreat,

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Take a look at the stator papers. http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm It will tell you everything you need to know about the charging system on the GS's. And if you end up needing a new regulator/rectifier RR for short I have an extra one. Its one off a goldwing.

Comment

Originally posted by bakirkwold View Post
        Take a look at the stator papers. http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm It will tell you everything you need to know about the charging system on the GS's. And if you end up needing a new regulator/rectifier RR for short I have an extra one. Its one off a goldwing.
        The guy writing this is a paid shill. He is non technical and apparently has summarized his own findings but was also lead to the amazing conclusion that Electrosport is somehow the solution to GS Suzuki charging problems. . That is basically pure vendor supported hype (apparently Electrosport in this case)

There has been a lot of information (I'm using the term loosely) added to the "Stator pages", and I guess on balance it still provides more value than causes harm but anybody reading it should take it with a grain of salt.

<H1>The Stator Papers III

The Solution

By Peter Huppertz
        (with modifications by the current editors)
        For years on end, I have been moaning about the Stator problems associated with the Suzuki GS's. For two years I've been shouting about a good replacement rectifier/regulator unit available in Europe, and NOT in the US.
        But lo and behold! it's official! the superior ElectroSport Industries unit is now available in the US as well! Read on...
        The improved regulator/rectifier is manufactured specifically by ElectroSport Industries.
        The ElectroSport Industries units are redesigned to fix the problems found with the stock units. The prices for their units are considerable less than the price for Suzuki replacements.
        I have two GS's... consequently, I have TWO of these units. I can personally vouch for their quality.
        The Electrex unit is now made available to dealers and mail order distributors throughout the USA and Canada by:

</H1>

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          The guy writing this is a paid shill. He is non technical and apparently has summarized his own findings but was also lead to the amazing conclusion that Electrosport is somehow the solution to GS Suzuki charging problems. .
          Says the guy who plugs "Compu-Fire" tsk tsk tsk

this post is endorsed and sponsered by no one, no sales pitchs are made or implied

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Jtreat,

Have a look at these resources:

Stator Papers

More On The Stator Papers
            GS Charging System Health+Quick Test
            Regulator/Rectifier Replacement
            Spark Plug Cap Replacement

Note: Some of the above are PDF files. Feel free to save them to your computer. There are lots more electrical tips on my little website.

Now let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Killer2600 View Post
              Says the guy who plugs "Compu-Fire" tsk tsk tsk

this post is endorsed and sponsered by no one, no sales pitchs are made or implied
              True to form you are off base as usual. I have no connection to compufire other than reporting the fact here that it is a superior solution .

Comment

Working...
              X