Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 Suzuki GS650E need help bypassing ignition so i can get it home broke my key off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 Suzuki GS650E need help bypassing ignition so i can get it home broke my key off

yeah i need all the help i can get thanks

I know in the 82-83 750 and 1100e it is only two allen bolts to remove the ignition switch, then there one screw to take the switch part off the bottom of the ignition...
    I did have to move the headlight out of the way to get in there...

Now you can turn the ignition on and off with a coin or screwdriver...
    When I did this I just wired tied it to the fork to get home...

I hope that helps...good luck.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Or unplug the connector, make a jumper with wire and spade connectors to join the wires together. Sorry, don't know which wires.
      Last edited by tkent02; 04-29-2012, 10:22 AM.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        I know in the 82-83 750 and 1100e it is only two allen bolts to remove the ignition switch, then there one screw to take the switch part off the bottom of the ignition...
        I did have to move the headlight out of the way to get in there...

Now you can turn the ignition on and off with a coin or screwdriver...
        When I did this I just wired tied it to the fork to get home...

I hope that helps...good luck.
        marshton1, this work was done in a hotel parking lot with limited tools, btw, so you should be able to do it w/o much of a problem if you bring a proper set of tools.

Comment

Does the ignition turn, maybe with a screwdriver? Probably not but it would be the easiest method.

Are the forks locked? If so you'll have to do as indicated and remove the ignition switch. If not, or after you remove the switch, then all you have to do is hotwire the bike. My preferred method is to use jumper wires at the fuse block to power up the ignition and other systems. You can do jumpers at the ignition switch connector but for me accessing the fuse panel is much easier.

Comment

Working...
          X