81-1100e headlight glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81-1100e headlight glitch

Hi. Headlight (HL) fuse keeps blowing. When running get 8.5 v, bike off- key on 12.8v. Took out fuse turn key no light which I would expect, start @ lights work, sound right? Also when I use the signals the trouble panel flashes aswell and the nuetral light but not as much. Any problems running the bike without the HL fuse for the time being until I can find the prob. I recently took apart the signal switch and cleaned up all the contact's because the signals had stopped working altogether but do work now. Before reduing the switch the panel would flash sometimes useing the signals, stopped but recently problems have started up again. A friend of mine mentioned the ign. switch and that sounds reasonable to me. Any other Ideas? Thanks for the help.

I'd review how you cleaned the left switch- sounds like headlight wires/switch might be grounding out on handlebar, maybe wires got pinched during re-assembly.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom, That is a possibility and I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X