Color diagram 78 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color diagram 78 gs750

I need a wiring diagram for those models with a separate regulator and rectifier and no fuse box.
    I thought I would be able to figure it out using the diagram from Basscliff's site, but I'm having trouble.

I believe I have the Snindengen RR, that I just purchased, wired correctly.
    The PO has made a mess of the wiring. Cuts and splices everywhere.
    Now I'm trying to get it as close to factory specs as I can, other than the Honda RR.
    So far I have power to all lights except from the front brake switch. The rear switch works.
    Which I think is also on the same circuit as the kill switch and start button.
    The start button is also without power.

According to the diagram I have, the orange wire comes from the ignition switch to the fuse box.
    It then feeds three fuses. One of which would be the circuit I'm having trouble with.
    But I don't have a fuse box, so I don't know where to start looking.

Hi,

There's a wiring diagram on pgs. 174-175 of the GS750 (8-valve) Service Manual (87MB) on my little website.

The front brake switch itself probably needs to be taken apart and cleaned up. It not, they are cheap to replace. See: Front Brake Switch Repair (by Mr. gravity tester).

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Basscliff. I already had the manual but I wanted a colored diagram.
      So I spent a few hours coloring one. Here it is if anyone else wants it.

I also have the PSD. Which makes tracking circuits simple.
      I made each circuit a layer. You can select and highlight the layer (circuit) you need.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Mr. ValorSolo,

Sweet! Very nice work. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I updated the PSD. I missed a couple of wires on the first go around.
          And I whited out the underlying non-colored lines.
          This makes it easier to track circuits by hiding all but the one your looking for.

I'm not very experienced with PDF, but I'll see if I can create one for folks that don't use Photoshop.

Comment

Holy crap! That diagram owns. Now I need to look into building a new harness.

Comment

I discovered that pdf creation is quite simple. Here is a pdf of the above diagram.
              I included each circuit, individually. So from bookmarks, you can select any wire color to view that circuit.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

basscliff should add this to his site!
                with your permission of course
                good work!

Comment

Basscliff is more than welcome to it. I'm happy to contribute.
                  I'm a Photoshop fool, and enjoyed the time spent on making the images.
                  And of course, learning to create the pdf was a nice and simple treat.

Comment

This is very useful, thanks for putting it together.

Comment

That's a slick diagram! I'd be interested in doing that for my GS550e... Could you give a quick overview of how you did that in photoshop? I get that each one was a separate layer. I'm curious about which tools you used to break it out into the different layers, and which tools did you use for coloring the circuits?

On another note, why don't any of the repair manual companies color their diagrams? I know that color printing is more expensive, but I think it would be a major selling point. I know chiltons used to print manuals with a dozen or so color pages in the middle.

Comment

As for coloring the diagram, I used the rectangular tool to make a small section of a color pattern.
                        Let's say for green-yellow, I made a small rectangle and filled it green, then one filled yellow.
                        And just to save on confusion, I set the name in layer properties to the wire color.
                        Then duplicated and positioned it along the black circuit line, merging it into the original, until I had a complete circuit.
                        After each circuit, I would select the layer with Select->Load Selection, then right click and select stroke, set it to 1px and the color to the primary wire color.
                        At this point, I would start a new layer and create a new circuit and repeat the above until done.

In CS3, there was an option to save as PDF or something like that, but it was removed in CS4, I believe.
                        I have CS5, and it is not available in this version, for sure. I think it was under File->scripts in CS3.
                        There is an option to save all layers as separate files, but mine is broken, I guess.
                        So for this task, I hide all circuit layers but one and the background and saved the file as JPG.
                        I then hide it and made another circuit layer visible and saved it, and so on and so forth.

After I had all circuits saved as individual images, I used Acrobat to create the PDF.
                        Well that's it. Give it a try if you like and let me know if you need any help.

Comment

I really enjoyed doing this one.
                          If anyone wants another bike done, just post the original diagram here.
                          I'll color it and put it in a nice PDF, same as I did for this one.

Comment

I probably wouldn't get around to doing this, so here's the link to the fsm for my bike. Mine is a 1980 gs550e. http://www.mtsac.edu/%7Ecliff/storag...-ES-L_1983.PDF

Page 384 (of the pdf, ignoring the original page numbers) is a single page diagram for the 1980 gs550 (both e and l models).
                            Pages 164-165 have a larger diagram that covers multiple years of the gs550.

Which ever one would be better for you to start from would be awesome! Thanks!
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

No problem. I'll work on it tonight and should be able to get it posted by tomorrow morning.
                              I'll be posting it in a new thread, here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...42#post1655542

Comment

Working...
                              X