Quick RR question, i forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick RR question, i forget

What was the cheap RR combo people are using? i blew mine up, long story. I cant remember the brand people were putting in them or off of what model hondas, i think it was a honda. either way, a link would be nice too

I bought one just like it.

6 Wire Shindengen.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Honda-C...4cf25e&vxp=mtr

6 Wire Shindengen.
      ok, well i have a 5 wire on there now.. its on a 78 gs750E.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Honda-C...4cf25e&vxp=mtr

6 Wire Shindengen.
        i bought the one you linked me to. thanks.

Comment

So i got the RR in and it tests good on the diod test, but after wiring it in im not getting any extra voltage. im reading 12 on and off. the test wire i wired directly into the orange wire. like, i cut the orange wire, stripped the 2 ends, and wire nutted the black and 2 orange wires back together. the orange wire i used was the one running directly into the brake light switch. running into that switch was an orange wire and a white wire. did i do this right? someone please help!

Comment

Hi,

Wire nuts are bad.

Have you tested the stator?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi,

Wire nuts are bad.

Have you tested the stator?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              hey, ive been looking at your diagrams. i know wire nuts are bad but thats what im working with. the stator seems to be fine, its brand new so id hope it would be...

the question i really have is can the sense wire make it not put out voltage at all???

this is a crude drawing of what ive done

Comment

never mind, all is good. works great. happy happy joy joy

Comment

If you cannot afford to solder those wires then I suggest you always let someone know when and where you are riding so they can pick you up when it dies. Find someone who can do it for you. It is an hour job max to do a professional quality job.

Comment

Soldering iron, $5 at walmart, $1.50 for solder, its cheap, hahah

Comment

Well, you would also need some shrink tubing or electrical tape, that could skyrocket the cost up another $3.

Comment

right.. well just paypal me some of your cash mr money bags because I pulled every last penny out of my a$s to just get the RR unit here. full time student and a parent of 2 = i literally don't have a dollar to my name. So wire nuts is what i have, wire nuts is whats going to have to work. either way its wired up and its working.

Comment

As a TEMP solution I dont have any gripes..I know your intention is to wrap it up right at the earliest conveinence. Ride it.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                          X