Electrical Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Stuff

So because im turning my GS750ES (1983) into a trackbike, im going to be scrapping the lights, and all electrics that I dont need. So my question is.

What do I need to have on the bike?

What has to be there for the electrical circuit to be complete?

Is there any way of by passing the Clutch Saftey?

Basically I want as little as possible on this bike. Only the essentials

You'd want a charging system. You'd need an ignition system and starting system. That's it. If you have clutch safety-I'd keep it. To bypass the clutch safety switch, if it's a two wire switch, connect the wires togethor.

Comment

do you really need a charging system for a track bike ?

get those fancy gel batteries or what ever they are called, start the bike, run your race, once done, charge the battery if low for the next time your going to race...

I guess the only thing, now that I think of it a bit more would probably be for the coils, right ?

if yes then a charging system would be needed ?

assuming also you don't need any kind of lights, instrument/blinkers/front light/rear light and so on....

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall498 View Post
        So because im turning my GS750ES (1983) into a trackbike, im going to be scrapping the lights, and all electrics that I dont need. So my question is.

What do I need to have on the bike?

What has to be there for the electrical circuit to be complete?

Is there any way of by passing the Clutch Saftey?

Basically I want as little as possible on this bike. Only the essentials
        simplified schematic no lights

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Working...
        X